Recovering From a Foot Fracture
How your podiatrist in Chattanooga, Tennessee can help if you’ve fractured your foot.
Fracturing your foot is easier than you think. Exercise, a new sport, a sudden fall, or an accident can all result in a foot fracture. Fortunately, your podiatrist can help when you’ve fractured your foot.
Dr. Dennis Bizzoco and Dr. Brian Burgan at Associates In Foot And Ankle Care in Chattanooga, Tennessee offer comprehensive foot and ankle care, including treatment and recovery for a fractured foot.
There are different types of foot fractures:
A stress fracture, which can result from changing or increasing a sport or intensity of activity, or changing the type of surface you practice on. A stress fracture can also result from osteoporosis.
A bone fracture, which can result from traumatic injury or an accident. Bone fractures can still be in correct alignment with other bones, or they can be moved out of position.
If you have a foot fracture, you may experience:
- Foot pain that increases when you put weight on your foot
- Swelling, tenderness, and bruising in your foot
- Decreasing foot pain when you rest and take the weight off of your foot
- Increasing foot pain when you increase your activity level
When you are recovering from a foot fracture, it’s important to remember to:
- Get lots of rest and take the weight off of your foot
- Elevate your feet when you are resting
- Wrap your foot in a flexible bandage to maintain support
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medications
- Wear supportive shoes with thick soles
If you are suffering from a foot fracture that is disrupting your life, your podiatrist can help. To find out more about recovering from a foot fracture, call Dr. Dennis Bizzoco and Dr. Brian Burgan of Associates In Foot And Ankle Care in Chattanooga, Tennessee at (423) 855-0728. Call today.