Posts for tag: Athlete's Foot
Athlete's foot can make your life very uncomfortable. Fortunately, there are a few things you an do to prevent and treat the fungal infection. Podiatrists Dr. Dennis Bizzoco and Dr. Brian Burgan treat foot pain and other conditions, helping Chattanooga, TN, residents find relief for their foot and ankle conditions.
How can athlete's foot be prevented?
Athlete's foot is caused by a very contagious fungal infection. Fortunately, it's easy to avoid the infection if you follow these steps:
- Don't Go Barefoot: Many people develop fungal infections after coming in direct contact with the fungus. If you want to avoid athlete's foot, wear sandals or shoes in all public areas, including locker rooms, public shower facilities, and walkways around pools.
- Change Your Shoes and Socks Often: There's nothing fungi like better than the warm, moist environment your shoes and socks offer. Don't wear the same pair of shoes every day to allow your footwear to dry completely before you wear it again.
- Be Selfish: Sharing is a good thing - until someone develops athlete's foot. Don't share socks, shoes, slippers, towels or washcloths with anyone else to reduce your athlete's foot risk.
- Clean It Up: Bleach is the natural enemy of athlete's foot fungus. Clean bathtubs and shower stalls with products that contain bleach.
- Pay a Visit to the Foot Doctor: Over-the-counter anti-fungal creams and powders may be helpful if you have a mild case of athlete's foot, but they may not get rid of a more severe infection. Call your Chattanooga foot doctor if your infection doesn't go away or if you have athlete's feet and diabetes.
Relief foot pain and other athlete's foot symptoms with a visit to the foot doctor. Call Chattanooga, TN, podiatrists Drs. Dennis Bizzoco and Brian Burgan at (423) 855-0728 to schedule your appointment.