Posts for tag: Foot Fracture
Your podiatrists in Chattanooga, TN, can help with foot fractures.
Your feet are strong. They have to be because they support your weight to carry you through your active life. No matter how strong your feet are, you can still experience a foot fracture. Your podiatrist can help.
Dr. Dennis Bizzoco and Dr. Brian Burgan of Associates In Foot And Ankle Care in Chattanooga, TN, offer a wide variety of foot care services, including diagnosis and treatment of foot fractures.
If you have experienced a foot fracture, seek out the help of your podiatrist right away. You need to see your podiatrist if you are experiencing any of these common signs and symptoms of a foot fracture:
- You have foot pain that increases when you put your weight on your feet
- Your foot pain decreases when you take the weight off of your feet and elevate them
- You have increasing foot pain during activities or while playing sports
- You notice swelling, bruising, or tenderness in your feet that doesn’t go away
You may have a bone fracture due to an injury, trauma, or an accident. Your bone fracture may include dislodged bones or bones that still remain in correct alignment.
You may have a stress fracture due to increased stress on your foot from increasing your workout or playing sports. If you run on uneven surfaces, it can also cause a stress fracture. Typically, stress fractures occur in the middle of your foot up to your toes.
You can try a few simple remedies at home to get relief from a foot fracture. Remember to:
- Elevate your foot to take the weight off of it
- Place an ice pack on your foot several times daily
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medication
If you have fractured your foot, It’s important to seek out your podiatrist as soon as you can. Early treatment leads to a better outcome for you and your foot. To find out more about the causes and treatment of foot fractures and other footcare topics, call Dr. Bizzoco and Dr. Burgan of Associates in Foot And Ankle Care in Chattanooga, TN, at (423) 855-0728 now!
How your podiatrist in Chattanooga, Tennessee can help if you’ve fractured your foot.
Fracturing your foot is easier than you think. Exercise, a new sport, a sudden fall, or an accident can all result in a foot fracture. Fortunately, your podiatrist can help when you’ve fractured your foot.
Dr. Dennis Bizzoco and Dr. Brian Burgan at Associates In Foot And Ankle Care in Chattanooga, Tennessee offer comprehensive foot and ankle care, including treatment and recovery for a fractured foot.
There are different types of foot fractures:
A stress fracture, which can result from changing or increasing a sport or intensity of activity, or changing the type of surface you practice on. A stress fracture can also result from osteoporosis.
A bone fracture, which can result from traumatic injury or an accident. Bone fractures can still be in correct alignment with other bones, or they can be moved out of position.
If you have a foot fracture, you may experience:
- Foot pain that increases when you put weight on your foot
- Swelling, tenderness, and bruising in your foot
- Decreasing foot pain when you rest and take the weight off of your foot
- Increasing foot pain when you increase your activity level
When you are recovering from a foot fracture, it’s important to remember to:
- Get lots of rest and take the weight off of your foot
- Elevate your feet when you are resting
- Wrap your foot in a flexible bandage to maintain support
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medications
- Wear supportive shoes with thick soles
If you are suffering from a foot fracture that is disrupting your life, your podiatrist can help. To find out more about recovering from a foot fracture, call Dr. Dennis Bizzoco and Dr. Brian Burgan of Associates In Foot And Ankle Care in Chattanooga, Tennessee at (423) 855-0728. Call today.
What your podiatrists in Chattanooga want you to know
A foot fracture is a common injury if you play sports, but you can also fracture your foot if you step wrong, or if you are on an uneven surface. Foot fractures are best treated by your podiatrist because professional treatment can get you back on your feet quickly. Your podiatrists at Associates In Foot And Ankle Care, Inc. in Chattanooga, TN, want to share the facts about foot fractures.
There are some easily recognizable signs and symptoms of a foot fracture which include:
- Increasing pain when you put weight on your foot
- Increasing pain when you are active
- Tenderness, bruising, and swelling
- Decreasing pain when you rest and take weight off of your foot
There are different types of foot fractures:
- A bone fracture can happen if you are in an accident or experience trauma to your foot. Bone fractures can involve dislodging bones, or you can still have the bones in your foot aligned correctly.
- A stress fracture is common and can be caused if you change either the frequency or intensity of your activities. If you are on an uneven or changing surface, you can also experience a stress fracture. Stress fractures can happen to older adults because of osteoporosis and they usually happen in the middle of the foot up to the toes.
- If you think you might have a foot fracture, it’s important to take the weight off of your foot and apply ice to your foot several times each day. You should elevate your feet as often as possible. Anti-inflammatory and pain medications and wrapping your foot can also help.
It’s best to seek out the services of a foot expert if you experience a foot fracture. For more information on foot fracture treatment and additional podiatry services, call your podiatrists at Associates In Foot And Ankle Care, Inc. in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and heal your feet!